Center for Information and Communications Technology Research (CICTR)
CICTR researchers team with industry and government partners to generate solutions for the current and future technical challenges in those areas of technologies, systems, and network architectures that enable the vision of the information age.
Merging fundamental research with real world applications, our research group attempts to improve the performance and reliability of Communications Networked Systems.
CICTR activities include feasibility studies, applied research, software development, hardware prototype development, and education and training.
- Congratulations to Mohammadreza Aminikashani on receiving the Penn State Alumni Association Dissertation Award, Distinguished Doctoral Scholar Medal in recognition of his outstanding professional accomplishment and achievement in scholarly research.
- Congratulations to the Electrical Engineering Melvin P. Bloom Memorial Outstanding Doctoral Research Award Winner; Wenjun Gu.
- M. Kavehrad "Reconfigurable Optical Wireless Applications in Data Centers, "Proceedings of IEEE Photonics Society Summer Topical Meeting, (Invited Paper), Crystal Beach - CA, July 2016.
- M. Kavehrad, "Optical Wireless", "IEEE WiSEE 2015" Keynote Presentation, December 2015.
- 2015 New Book - Short Range Optical Wireless: Theory and Applications - Buy