Center for Information and Communications Technology Research (CICTR)
CICTR researchers team with industry and government partners to generate solutions for the current and future technical challenges in those areas of technologies, systems, and network architectures that enable the vision of the information age.
Merging fundamental research with real world applications, our research group attempts to improve the performance and reliability of Communications Networked Systems.
CICTR activities include feasibility studies, applied research, software development, hardware prototype development, and education and training.
"The most compelling story of how Internet of Light will transform our world is the one still being written: the future of lighting, communications, sensing and birth of a new enterprise lighting network." ~ M. Kavehrad
- Hello bursts of light, goodbye cables
- IEEE Spectrum: Data Centers of the Future Could Send Bits Over Infrared Lasers Instead of Fiber Optic Cables
- IEEE Communications Society Distinguished Lecturer - Mohsen Kavehrad
- Congratulations to Mohammadreza Aminikashani on receiving the Penn State Alumni Association Dissertation Award, Distinguished Doctoral Scholar Medal in recognition of his outstanding professional accomplishment and achievement in scholarly research.
- Congratulations to the Electrical Engineering Melvin P. Bloom Memorial Outstanding Doctoral Research Award Winner; Wenjun Gu.
- 2015 New Book - Short Range Optical Wireless: Theory and Applications - Buy